(I just realized WordPress automatically timedates everything in UTC)
Left: Karen, Right: mine
Mine is meant to be the debut issue and incorporates headlines because I thought the first issue should let people know what the magazine is about. The fashion magazines I looked at put a big emphasis on numbers, so I included that. Hypothetically we’d like to move towards a style of cover which isn’t covered in headlines after the magazine has been established (or rather possibly moved to an e-zine format out of practicality)
Since Karen and I were a smaller group, we had to do less than the other groups. We had to do one cover each, a table of contents, and the choice of a spread or front of book page. Karen did the spread and I did the table of contents. Karen did the spread in class and I used her spread as the model for my table of contents which i made at home. I did two table of contents because the one i made was just one page and I noticed other groups were doing two page TOC, so I decided to do another example. The font i used in the TOC is Blackout
This magazine was a really interesting experience from UVP/USP standpoint since we pin pointed something that is actually missing from the marketplace. I ended up being rather attached to the concept and it would be cool if I could make this for real in the future. I plan on making edits if I do put this in my portfolio.