(backlog) Week 10 – More process and feedback

Week 10:

We shared what we had in progress with the MEEZ group (food theme). I had two covers which I made (neither were used in the end) and Karen had two versions as well. She also presented her front of book spread.

Screen Shot 2014-04-10 at 11.52.09 PM Screen Shot 2014-04-10 at 11.52.12 PM (my discarded two cover ideas)

For the first cover, I realized that the name was incredibly short and being remotely obscure would make the title hard to read. The second cover I toyed with an all caps version of the logo. The second cover didn’t work because the aesthetic of the photography and the background I added wasn’t targeted at our audience which was more general and less subculture. Karen’s two covers (which I don’t have on hand, I might scan it afterwards) included headlines and the feedback we got was to make the headlines really pop and stand out; don’t be timid.

Both logos were made using a typeface called BPdots. I decided to work with a lowercase version and it needed a subtitle. Number 2 ended up being the one we used.
Screen Shot 2014-04-11 at 10.21.48 PM

During that week, Karen and I decided we didn’t like the font of book that she had made, and we changed our mind to make a feature spread instead. For the next week, she would have her cover and feature done and I would have made my cover and table of contents.

 

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s